MOD nursery - Westminster/Whitehall

(2 Posts)
Thenorr Mon 21-Nov-16 03:34:51

Hi all,

Are there any military families on here who use the mod nursery in Whitehall?

I'm after advice on how you find the commute from the married patches - I have a 2 year old and a newborn and I hate getting on rush hour trains so how we'll do it with the kids is a mystery?!

Hubby says we can't afford not to as current nursery fees are crippling, but I just can't see how we'll manage it. We have a 15 min walk to station, 35 min train journey to Waterloo and then 15 min walk across the bridge...

Any advice would be massively appreciated!

Thanks

IamNotDarling Mon 21-Nov-16 04:19:18

Wow, that's going to be tough. What time will you be commuting? How many days. You'll need a double buggy or a sling and a single.

You might not be able to get a seat on the train and standing for 35 mins and entertaing two small children will be difficult. Your DCs might find it very stressful - over an hour commute will be stressful enough for you as it is! You will be knackered.

Personally I wouldn't do it. Can you put the oldest in nursery near your home and let your DH take/pick up and you take the youngest into the MOD nursery with a sling for the next year then move them to the local nursery when they get to age 2? Remember you'll get free hours for your oldest when they are three.

Sorry not MOD (work for another Whitehall Dept) so can't comment on the nursery itself.

I suggest you ask for this to be moved to nurseries/childminders for more traffic. Click report.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now