Sending a parcel?

(4 Posts)
Needaglassofwinedotcom Tue 21-Jul-15 13:09:02

I've addressed it with the bp number, do i also need to put my sender details on?

Also, do I need to fill in a customs form?

Anything else I need to know?

penguin73 Tue 21-Jul-15 14:36:32

You need your details on it and it will need a customs label attached - they will have them at the Post Office. Depending on what it is your sending and where to make sure you've checked the weight, dimensions and 'banned contents' list before you get to the Post Office to avoid any problems once you get there. This should help: www.gov.uk/british-forces-post-office-services

Needaglassofwinedotcom Tue 21-Jul-15 19:55:56

Thanks. Daft question! So I've put the destination details in the front of the parcel, do i just write sender details on the back?

penguin73 Thu 23-Jul-15 18:40:10

Sorry, missed this earlier! You can write them on the back or use the sticky label the post office provides. The first is better as you can do it at home before going to the post office so you're not holding up people behind you. I always have a pile of the customs labels at home too (the staff at the post office will give you some if you ask) for the same reason.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now