End of patrol/deployment

(5 Posts)
Gossipmonster Sun 09-Jun-13 17:13:07

Is it just me or does anyone else find the few weeks before they are due back as bad as the first few after they have gone? sad

firstpost Sun 16-Jun-13 21:10:54

I find it hard when DH actually gets home. The pressure for everything to be perfect can be overwhelming. Any rows feel like the end of the world. We both get used to living alone and need time to adjust to "coupledom" (excuse the phrase!) again

What particularly are you finding hard about the last few weeks? Is it just that time is dragging, or you are worried about something?

Gossipmonster Mon 17-Jun-13 17:50:55

Anxiety about all the things you have said - anxiety about adjusting to being 600 miles apart again when he's back on base - not getting time alone with him with the carousel of kids coming and going. Him not feeling the same way about me sad

Is days away now I just want it to be here.

firstpost Mon 17-Jun-13 22:46:34

I understand, it's the anticipation isn't it. Fast forward to a few weeks after his return and you will have a new "normal" and the tour will be a distant memory. I get jealous of my civilian friends marriages sometimes! Most people just don't have to deal with this stuff!

Gossipmonster Tue 18-Jun-13 16:52:09

Not knowing when he'll be back is crap too can't plan anything.

I crave a relationship where we can speak every day sometimes.

I need to slap myself today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now