Submariners WAGS

(14 Posts)
Gossipmonster Sat 30-Mar-13 12:13:35

Are there any here?

I know very few in RL and none with partners serving with my OH.

He has gone on patrol and I feel a bit lost.

I have lots of friends but sometimes (even with best will in the world) they don't understand how utterly crap it can be sometimes.

SorrelForbes Sun 31-Mar-13 03:41:51

Me <waves>.

DH is on a boat a the moment but they're not going anywhere for a while. We've been very lucky as since we've been together he hasn't had to do a compete deployment due to courses and draft dates.

Will you be able to meet him anywhere during the deployment? I flew out to Fujairah last time which was great.

Gossipmonster Sun 31-Mar-13 11:36:53

Yay!! Hi smile

No he's gone and that's that. 120 word a week for 13/15 weeks.

Hate the first few days. Feel like an emotional wreck and can't be arsed with anything. sad

Is he is Faslane?

Gossipmonster Sun 31-Mar-13 11:37:18

In sorry

OloeufiaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 31-Mar-13 11:55:21

Hello there
Am not a WAG am a ex-SM's DD but sending empathetic vibes to you both.
NB Used to live in Faslane. OMG the RAIN.

Gossipmonster Sun 31-Mar-13 12:21:22

OH is based in Faslane but I live nearly 600 miles away shock.

Went to Glasgow for a weekend 18 mntbs ago and loved it.

Was really pleasantly surprised and so friendly (not sure what I was expecting confused.

I feel for OH's DC's. It is such a long period of time without their dad sad

OloeufiaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 31-Mar-13 13:19:18

NB if it helps any, I genuinly don't think it affected me or my sibs re being away other than it made him rather inclined to being the treat-provider and my DM being the everyday disciplinarian.

SorrelForbes Sun 31-Mar-13 13:38:05

Hi

No, we're in Plymouth. I've been up to see him in Faslane and visited Glasgow. What a lovely city centre. Kelvingrove (sp?) was very interesting.

SorrelForbes Sun 31-Mar-13 13:38:52

Sorry, that didn't make sense! He was up in Faslane for a few weeks a couple of years ago doing trials.

Gossipmonster Sun 31-Mar-13 13:43:46

Ooh so lucky being in Plymouth I so wish my OH could get posted there, his DC are there, and its so much closer to me.

I didn't think there were any subs there anymore?

When he's not at sea we have to do a lot of travelling to see each other/the kids.

Looking forward to being able to send him a Familygram, least its some type of contact.

Gossipmonster Sun 31-Mar-13 14:24:37

Yes OH really spoils his kids when he sees them which can be a bit tricky with my kids too!!

SorrelForbes Sun 31-Mar-13 14:38:34

I think all if not most of the T boats are still here? It's unlikely that DH will get sent to Faslane. His next few drafts will be shoreside (hoping for Pompey, London or foreign) and then he'll only have one more sea job in about six years time. He's planning to stay until 55!

His DC don't live near by either so we spend a lot of time on the M5 & M4!

Gossipmonster Sun 31-Mar-13 14:47:25

OH is on Trident.

He was supposed to be getting out in a few yrs but just got extended - the joy hmm.

Have you watched Submarine School? grin

SorrelForbes Sun 31-Mar-13 18:25:15

DH is on Torbay. He has already done 23 years but got his commission so can stay for another 10 at least but is hoping for 15! He's happy and let's face it, SM pay is good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now