Colchester married quarters

(7 Posts)
simbaandblue Thu 28-Mar-13 13:36:30

Hello ladies

My hubby and I are moving into married quarters in Colchester soon and was just wondering what they are like, places to avoid etc. We have an 8 week old little boy (and 2 cats smile). I know Colchester very well as that is where I was every weekend with him on camp, until we got married (in October) and had our little boy (in February). We have been living in a house I got with my job (a teacher in a boarding school) 45 mins out of Colchester and my DH has been commuting everyday. We have now decided that we want to move into MQ and I might not be going back to work.

Thanks in advance ladies grin

DorsetLass Wed 17-Apr-13 00:00:46

Know about officers quarters - is that any help?

Machli Wed 17-Apr-13 01:08:11

I lived in them as a child for 4 years around 25 years ago. They're probably very different now but I hope someone comes on who knows them now. Would be interested to see what it's like there these days.

simbaandblue Wed 17-Apr-13 13:23:05

Thanks but my husband is a gunner so we won't be in officers quarters. Just been told we have a 3 bed house and moving in 4 weeks! No idea what it's like inside, will only know the day we move in!! Scary x

DorsetLass Thu 18-Apr-13 00:07:09

We really enjoyed Colchester - I think that quite allot of the houses were being done up as we left. Hope your move goes ok, the house is good - and you settle quickly. Good luck! Let me know if you want any advice about local stuff X

MiconiumHappens Thu 18-Apr-13 00:45:15

Local wives (for want of a better description) fb pages can be brilliant, often with lots of pictures of the quarters on. Try searching for colchester military wives or similar.

Collywibbles Sun 21-Apr-13 09:34:41

Colchester Pad Wives and Colchester Garrison Girls are two of the facebook groups. Feel free to PM me your address if you want any photos - I am happy to go and stick a camera through windows ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now