army ration packs

(5 Posts)
alreadytaken Tue 12-Mar-13 16:52:04

wondering if anyone can help. Someone was offering to sell me ration packs that were stamped with a date in 2009 and claiming this was when they were packed rather than a use by date. True or false? I didn't buy them but could go backif this is actually true.

LaminateFlaw Tue 12-Mar-13 19:37:38

Why would you want to buy ration packs? Surely whoever is selling has misappropriated them and are now making a profit if they are selling them (which is just not on)?

All the ones I've seen are Best BEfore dates, to answer the question.

alreadytaken Tue 12-Mar-13 20:22:27

for camping trips. I don't think they are misappropriated, there are lots of sellers of "army surplus". I assume the manufacturer makes extra and sells them on.

midori1999 Fri 22-Mar-13 09:29:43

Well, they are stamped when packed and in date for ten years after that. However, according to my DH, it is highly illegal for anyone to be selling ration packs as the army doesn't give them away and they must be stolen, so you'd be buying stolen goods.

Saltire Fri 22-Mar-13 20:53:36

According to my DH as well they must have been stolen and the person selling them could into serious trouble with MP/RAFP/ naval equivalent

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now