STRESSED. 10 wks pg with no1 and babydaddy is trying to join the Marines....

(4 Posts)
Devilforasideboard Thu 14-Mar-13 07:47:08

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/1693827-STRESSED-10-wks-pg-with-no1-and-bloke-is-trying-to-join-the-Marines

The link should work now. Where is he with the application process? One of the things it's helpful to get into the habit of is not worrying too much about things that are outwith your control. It took me a while but it really helps to deal with the stuff that you know is happening and pretty much ignore everything else until it's confirmed as plans tend to change on a daily basis!

justhayley Sun 03-Mar-13 11:05:36

Hiya My DP Started in the Army the week after I found out I was pregnant. He was at Sandhurst during my pregnancy & at times especially at the start I hated it and him for going. The application process & the run up to them leaving for me was probably the hardest bit, I was a total wreck.
If your only seeing each other at weekends now it won't be too much different if he gets in so you probably won't find him being away as tough as you might think.

My son is now 10 months and iv decided not to live on the patch. I never thought I'd say this but sometimes it's actually easier having a baby on your own. You can do it all your way, sleep when you want - if the house is upside down & you want to spend the day in a dressing gown living off biscuits it's fine as theres knowone there to see it grin.
DP was home for 2 weeks over Christmas and I thought I was going to kill him lol. Iv got myself and DS into our little routine & when DP comes home and try's to change it & leaves his crap all over the house I'm thankful he's in the Army!
I found the pregnancy harder than when the baby came because they keep you so busy you don't have time to miss your partner too much. Of course there are lonely days, & times when you might even feel resentful that your at home with a baby having a meltdown they are off skiing (as my DP is currently doing for "work")angry but it's honestly not as bad as you think & you Will manage.

Have you got family / friends close by?

Iv filled my days with baby activities & am lucky too have met a great group of friends with babies the same age. The days/weeks go so quickly & since Sandhurst DP has been home every weekend - except this one.

In the run up to him going (if he gets in) there will probably be lots of tears but when he goes your practical side will kick in & you'l get on with things for your bubba.

Hope your ok - congratulations on your pregnancy. Happy for you to PM me if you need a chat / rant grin

Hayley x

simbaandblue Wed 27-Feb-13 04:56:37

Hi. I posted back to your message on pregnancy!
Pm me if you have any questions or just want to rant. My husband is a paratrooper and I have just had our first baby, a little boy, 3 weeks ago! If I can help or answer any questions I will
Xxxxx

gillybeandramaqueen Tue 26-Feb-13 23:55:54

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/1693827-STRESSED-10-wks-pg-with-no1-and-bloke-is-trying-to-join-the-Marines

I posted this earlier in the Pregnancy section as I didn't know this Forces section existed... can't copy and paste from mobile which is why I've posted link above... very upset... all comments gratefully welcomed. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now