Just been diagnosed mmc...DP in basic training :(

(5 Posts)
Charmbrainsandbeauty Tue 22-Jan-13 21:19:09

Am very sorry that this is happening to you and that you are facing this without your DP. Not much else to add, except that your DP does sound as if he wishes he could be there. Take good care and look after each other at the weekend. Sending you wine

mummy050111 Thu 17-Jan-13 10:13:04

Bless him, sounds like he really wants to see and comfort you. Hopefully he doesnt get stuck anywhere and you get to spend some time together. Feel free to pm me if you need to talk just try to take it easy and make sure you eat & drink plenty. The last thing you need is to feel any worse right now. X

CaliBee Thu 17-Jan-13 10:01:53

Thankyou mummy for your response....your experience sounds dreadful.
DP is in basic training 3 hours away...he gets the odd weekend home but its only really worth it if its a long weekend as he ends up with a day travelling otherwise. But this week he is on some adventure camp away from barracks. They are kept very busy with activities all day,rigid meal times and then lessons in the evening. He is in a room with about 10 others so privacy when he has managed to call is not good. He is insisting he will come home at the weekend even if its only for a few hours (bless)...but I'm a little worried about the snow and it meaning he gets stuck somewhere.

mummy050111 Thu 17-Jan-13 09:06:19

Its not too long if hes only away for a wk, have you got any friends you can talk to, that can comfort you?. I know how your feeling ive had 3 mc myself. The first time i was completly alone, my partner at the time was violent & blamed me, my own parents turned their backs on me but i got through it. Just dont blame yourself, its one of those things. Here if you want to talk. Keep your chin up. Xx

CaliBee Wed 16-Jan-13 16:39:53

Today at 8w6days pregnant I was diagnosed with a mmc. I'm devastated.

Dp is away doing an adventure week (part of basic training) so I cant even talk to him properly.

I'm beginning to wonder if I can handle being an Army girlfriend sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now