Just found out when DP is being deployed and I am devistated.

(3 Posts)
WeAreEternal Tue 15-Jan-13 00:35:07

We knew he was going around march and thought it would be 6/7 months.

Today he found out that he has to go out in feb and will likely be gone for nine months possibly longer.

I am devistated.
I can't sleep, I feel like I'm going to be sick and burst out crying at any second.

I have never felt this way before. And DP has been gone for long periods with no notice before.

I feel heartbroken and lonely already.

Greenkit Tue 15-Jan-13 04:53:02

My daughters husband got back from Afghanistan in November after spending 8 months there, they had only been married 4 weeks before he was depolyed. She is in the army too.

Anyway I made sure she was kept nice and busy while he was away, she decorated their flat and took the dog out on nice long walks.

So keep busy, keep chatting and before you know it he will be back xx

shaztwins1 Tue 15-Jan-13 21:49:18

hubs was told 2 weeks before xmas that he was deploying Jan 13 for 10 months (had to cover for another person as he was unfit to deploy) So he had to leave his last post with no notice ( ie had to leave the day he was told he was deploying !!! & joined a new posting the day after).A week after being told he was in America training !!! he came back home 3 days b4 xmas and had to go New years day so that was a shock to the system i can tell you !!!!but at least we had him home for the kids for xmas.
Hes only been gone 2 weeks & feels like an age already lol roll on October grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now