We will remember them.

(7 Posts)
ArthurShappey Sun 11-Nov-12 11:34:25

I just wanted to post something. I am not a forces 'sweetheart'... I am the daughter of a retired serviceman and the sister of a serving officer. Watching the cenotaph service was incredibly emotional for me today, hearing the parents of an 18 year old who lost his life in Afghanistan whilst I cuddle my little boy. I am do sorry for their loss.

We will remember them.

squishee Sun 11-Nov-12 20:16:47

It was moving. Especially hearing the names of all those killed since this time last year.
We will remember them, and those who put themselves in harm's way for us today.

Lifeisontheup Sun 11-Nov-12 22:13:41

I am not a serving member of the armed forces or a wife/partner but would like to register my admiration for all those who protect us. God bless you all. I have huge respect for all of you.

meditrina Sun 11-Nov-12 22:15:29

thanks

Lifeisontheup Sun 11-Nov-12 22:17:24

There was a silence all around the throne,
Where the saints had often trod.
As the soldier waited quietly,
For the judgment of his God.

'Step forward now, you soldier,
You've borne your burdens well.
Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,
You've done your time in Hell.'

DameEnidsOrange Sun 11-Nov-12 22:20:55

Lest we forget.

I'm not a forces sweetheart either, but the niece of someone badly injured in the troubles in NI and DS is in the Cadets who lead our town's main remembrance service - one of their leaders is a reservist out in Afghanistan, which really brings home to us all how real it is.

We will remember them

CuriosityKilledTheCrapTree Wed 05-Dec-12 22:24:57

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now