Book

(8 Posts)
fedupworking Sat 27-Oct-12 19:22:06

Thought some might be interested in this book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stay-Calm-Content-Matter-Throws/dp/147723487X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351177243&sr=8-1

jcscot Sat 27-Oct-12 21:06:39

And this relates to the Forces...how? Self-help books are usually a pile of useless psychobabble which tell people what they want hear rather than what they need.

Utter rubbish.

fedupworking Sat 27-Oct-12 23:37:26

I take it you have read the book to enable you to comment on it ?

jcscot Sun 28-Oct-12 10:09:48

No - you may not that my comment said "...usually.." and did not contain any deep critique of said psychobabble, or any criticism of this book in particular. I simply expressed an opinion of self-help books in general.

I take it that you're going to enlighten us as to how it relates the Forces?

jcscot Sun 28-Oct-12 10:19:50

I'll qualify my opinion by saying that if other people, or indeed you, have found this book helpful - then that is great.

However, I resent the assumption that as "wives of" we are somehow in more need of self-help or suchlike. I truly loathe it when people ask me "How do you cope?" or tell me how much they'd hate to have my life and then look sceptical when I tell them that I cope very well and that my life is quite happy. I neither expect nor ask for pity.

pimmsgalore Sun 28-Oct-12 10:56:20

I agree with Jcscot I think you will find all us "wives of" are very calm and contented without the need of a book, we don't need people implying we need a book to sort out our life.

fedupworking Sun 28-Oct-12 11:00:09

I said interested not need, end of story

meditrina Sun 28-Oct-12 16:47:06

I've had a look at the blurb for the book, and cannot see why there is any particular relevance to Service families. Are there less well publicised sections on the specific vissitudes of any particular group of Forces's families, or sections on getting he best from the bespoke support services?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now