Really struggling with moving

(5 Posts)
goinggetstough Mon 10-Sep-12 12:32:30

The AFF are usually very helpful, so would recommend contacting them. They are also often helpful in making a case to stay in a quarter.
Have you actually been to the quarters patch to see what it is like for yourself? It might be awful but do check as it would be beneficial to you as a family if your DH didn't have to travel 23 miles to work each day, but not obviously if you would feel unsafe. Our quarters patch have guards driving round does yours?

laptopcomputer Sat 08-Sep-12 23:17:08

Have you got their phone number too? If you want to see someone in person your Welfare office or someone like AFF can put you in touch with the nerest case worker. They can be very helpful, if you are only 17 miles away it is not as though you are being conpletely unrealistic. I'm sorry for what happened to you. I hope you get something sorted out.

ScaredToMove Sat 08-Sep-12 22:04:12

He is Army. It's 17 miles, he currently drives 11 miles to his current workplace, but the MQ are with that duty station rather than the new onw.

I have sent aws an email tonight, well more like an outpouring of emotions and terror, so hoping that I will get a reply from them next week so at least I know if there is anyone who can help or not sad

laptopcomputer Sat 08-Sep-12 21:48:57

Which service is your DH with? How far is your current quarter from his new posting? I would suggest speaking to AWS or the relevant equivalent and see if you can retain your current quarter for compassionate reasons.

ScaredToMove Sat 08-Sep-12 18:36:03

Hello,
I am looking for some advice (I have also NC as I don't want to out myself).

My husband has been told he is due to be posted at the end of this year. We knew he was due posting, so that was no huge surprise.
The posting is only about 20 mins away from the current one, in fact his work will be 6 miles further than his current place of work is from where we live.

Here is my issue...... A few years ago, at a different posting, I was raped one night when my DH was on guard duty. It was a rough-ish area where the mq were and they never caught the person.

The place we are due to be posted to is, if anything, rougher than the place where the rape happened, there is a lot of crime, and a lot of break ins, reports of people breaking into gardens, banging on doors at 2am etc.....

I am absolutely petrified of moving there. I have had nightmares every night since I heard where we were going, not helped by joining the wives pages on Facebook and seeing it is actually worse than I thought :-(

I actually feel panicked sat here writing this, my pulse is racing and I feel sick to my stomach :-(

I just don't know what to do, where to turn for help, or even if there is anything that can be done. I can't talk to my husband as he is away just now, not due back for another couple of weeks so I don't want to cause him any more stress, but I am really struggling with the idea of moving to this place :-(

Does anyone know if there is anywhere I can turn? I emailed the hasc to ask if we would be able to stay here is it is so close, and they said no, we had to move :-(
I just don't know if I can cope with being in a place like that, and I don't know what to do :-( please help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now