RAF Honington?

(6 Posts)
Laura4beans Thu 23-Aug-12 01:47:00

Hi. Have just left honington. Fairly quiet. Houses can be on the small side. There is a page on fb for wives of raf honington.

Claire236 Sat 18-Aug-12 22:45:21

There are quarters in watton, Stanton and bury st Edmunds which are all bigger than honington ones assuming they've still got them all of course. Watton is quite a way out but Stanton and bury are within 20 min drive. Plenty of woods, parks etc to walk dogs. Not sure about letting them off the lead though.

cryhavoc Thu 16-Aug-12 11:39:28

Thanks, that's really helpful. He's a Sgt. We're happy to live a bit further out if the houses are a bit bigger grin
We've got dogs - how do friendly is the area? Are there places to let them off the leads?

Claire236 Wed 15-Aug-12 23:05:49

I used to be at honington. Most quarters are at honington itself although there are still a few in other places which tend to be bigger than the honington ones. What rank is your dh? Honington primary is c of e with majority of service children unless that's changed in the last 5 years. The school always had a good reputation. I'm actually local to the area so happy to answer any questions although I have been away for 5 years so some things may have changed.

cryhavoc Wed 15-Aug-12 22:06:36

Bump. Anyone?

cryhavoc Tue 14-Aug-12 17:50:44

Just found out that DH has been promoted and we're being moved to Honington in December. We've been at Benson for 7 years, this will be our first move since we had DD.

Is anyone at Honington, or has anyone been there, who could give me some advice on best places to get a quarter, and what the primary schools are like, please? I'd be really grateful for any information anyone has - all housing is behind the wire here, so it's all change for us now. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now