Moving to Portsmouth.

(4 Posts)
Nonio Mon 02-Jul-12 13:38:59

This sounds odd but it's good your in private rented and the landlord is selling. As in the choice is not your so to speak. It not that bad living on the part I did it for about 15 years. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks Nonio- We're renting privately ATM but landlord wants to sell in November.

DH is going to see the housing people tomorrow I think, will get him to mention the au pair situation then.

Nonio Sun 01-Jul-12 20:51:01

Yes you can have an au pair in quarters you must tell the DHE. Hill sea is ok as are the schools. Accommodation is in short supply and as you have a house?? You will have to justify why your moving in.

Think we've finally decided to give patch life a go.

Can I have the low down on the areas to avoid, schools, housing situation etc. DH is a senior rate working in the dockyard, don't think rate affects housing anymore though does it?

We've 3 DC but I'm going back to work (Navy) soon and are probably going down the au pair route? Can I do that in a quarter?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now