Brunch suggestions

(6 Posts)
snickersnack Tue 17-Mar-09 21:19:28

Have friends coming for brunch on Sunday - I'd like to do a proper breakfast-style brunch, but am not sure where to start planning. Cooked breakfast, or something different? Did vaguely contemplate Eggs Benedict - would anyone notice if I didn't make my own sauce? Fruit? Muffins? There will be 6 adults and 3 children - think I can keep the children happy with some juice and muffins, but am more concerned about the adults.

MollieO Tue 17-Mar-09 21:22:41

Kedgeree is a nice brunch dish and easy to do.

paranoidmother Tue 17-Mar-09 21:45:20

What about Blueberry Pancakes. You can make them, freeze and then re-heat in the morning.

French Toast made with Brioche? Oh just thought if you pick up either delicious or good food magazine for April it's got Rick Stein doing Brunch recipes. Alternately try Bill's recipe books from Australia (should be in your local library or bookshop or online) for some ideas. Oh what about the bbcgoodfood website

Fish cakes, Sweetcorn Fritters, Kedgeree, Waffles, Muffins,Croque Monsiuer, Omlette, Danishs', Smoothies, Croissants - filled.

Hope you find something you like for Sunday. grin

StirlingTheStrong Wed 18-Mar-09 08:23:31

Cook mushrooms and piles of cherry tomatoes, cut in half, in butter. Add a splash of balsamic vinegar.
Pile on top of some wholemeal toast and then put a poached egg on top.
We love this for brunch smile

ilovemydogandMrObama Wed 18-Mar-09 08:33:52

Blueberry muffins
fritatta
quiches
salads (fruit and veg)
Bagels - toast them and let people make their own (cream cheese, smoked salmon, tomato...)

Make everything in advance... wink

We3KingyOfOblomovAre Tue 22-Dec-15 10:02:21

looking for ideas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now