Apparently this is "the most dangerous cake ever"

(154 Posts)
Waswondering Thu 05-Feb-09 19:25:25

Was emailed this today and felt compelled to share. I've not tried it - yet - wink - but intend to do so later. Just to quality control.

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

a small splash of vanilla extract

1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high). The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous). And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

BananaInfestedCustard Thu 05-Feb-09 19:30:50

Sounds positively gorgeous!!!! But does it really mean tablespoons...will all that fit into one mug???

I'm guessing it must be s/r flour? hmm I have a very big mug, will try this tomorrow.

Waswondering Thu 05-Feb-09 19:36:52

There were pics on the email, and it seemed to take about half to 3/4 of the cup - then it swells magnificently in the microwave and goes all gooey!

skramble Thu 05-Feb-09 19:38:06

hmm may have to test this.

norksinmywaistband Thu 05-Feb-09 19:39:13

Sounds very dangerous to me, I have been known to need a sweet fix after a night out. This is now tortuous, I have a recipe, ingredients and little willpower.grin

Will pretend to myself that it wouldn't worksmile Will report back tomorrow which is as long as my willpower will last before crumbling

PortAndLemon Thu 05-Feb-09 19:40:51

<gets excited>

<realises doesn't have egg>

<feels deflated>

snooks Thu 05-Feb-09 19:46:20

wow that's a helluva lot of cocoa powder, I am definitely going to have to try this - except I seem to have 50 thousand mugs in my cupboard that I never use but none are 'large'. What is 'large'?

The thought of it rising over the top of the mug in the microwave slightly alarms me but I am secretly excited

<must get out more>

skramble Thu 05-Feb-09 19:48:39

Damm I don't have cocoa powder.

christiana Thu 05-Feb-09 20:00:58

Message withdrawn

so.....
just made this (minus the choc chips) and its nice....a little dry so did DHs for 2.5mins and it was more gooey

great recipe!!!

skramble Thu 05-Feb-09 20:33:21

Would it work with instant hot choc powder?

Lmccrean Thu 05-Feb-09 20:35:33

v yummy! my microwave is 850w and I did it for 3 mins and its a little dry, but nothing a dollop of ice cream wont sort out ;)

norksinmywaistband Thu 05-Feb-09 20:36:18

OMG I won't be able to wait for tomorrow now I know it works grin

Mung Thu 05-Feb-09 20:37:32

Does it come out of the mug and go down the sides and into the microwave or does it have a certain element of self control?

supersalstrawberry Thu 05-Feb-09 20:40:09

damn I haven't got any cocoa powder!

no - mine stayed at the rim of the cup...but they are large builders type mugs I used.

Waswondering Thu 05-Feb-09 20:54:10

I used v large mugs and it didn't overflow - but agree on timings. Also 850w here and it was a bit too dry for me - reckon 2.5m would do it!

smile

Maria2007 Thu 05-Feb-09 23:09:51

I'll make this tomorrow morning for breakfast (very very dangerous you're right).

Califrau Thu 05-Feb-09 23:22:59

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgrin

bodiddly Fri 06-Feb-09 19:51:51

ok am going to try this tonight ... what kind of oil ... sunflower or olive?

mazzystartled Fri 06-Feb-09 19:53:37

ds and i made this today
really fun and quite nice
very spongy, verging on puddingy

WEESLEEKITLauriefairycake Fri 06-Feb-09 20:01:58

Mines is in microwave now

<bites nails nervously hoping for PMT fix to go with the win> grin

WEESLEEKITLauriefairycake Fri 06-Feb-09 20:03:28

wine

Ah this was the wiki how-to of the day the other day, but I just assumed it was a joke and wouldn't really work...ah, more fool me!

Am off to the kitchen to experiment....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now