Rotisserie's are they any good?

(9 Posts)
milkgoddessmakesthefinestmilk Sat 06-Sep-08 16:34:30

i really love the chicken you get on holiday that has been spit roasted.
seems so juicy and nice.
thinking of buying my own Rotisserie.

do you think it's worth it to buy your own?
we have chicken at least once a week.
any brand i should look out for?

whooosh Sat 06-Sep-08 16:39:06

Well IMHO they make all the fidderence-to any meat.Sadly,the only one we have is in our barbecue but I do still use it in the Winter.....

milkgoddessmakesthefinestmilk Sat 06-Sep-08 16:46:28

whooosh, is the one on the bbq an automatic one? or do you have to stand there turning it?

i also like the sound of cooking pork joints on there.
i can imagine the skin goes really crispy.

FeelingLucky Sat 06-Sep-08 19:52:27

ooohhh, yes, I love a rotisserie chicken properly basted with it's juices.
our smeg oven has rotisserie inbuilt.
have never seen a stand alone rotisserie oven in this country only in France.

Lubyloo Sat 06-Sep-08 19:55:11

We used to have a standalone rotisserie but I'm afraid I can't remember who made it. The chicken was lovely however you could only fit in a small one(think max weight was 1.4kg) so may not be good if you have a large family.

whooosh Mon 08-Sep-08 15:08:36

No,ours is electric-plug it in and let it get on with the job!

Jacaranda Mon 08-Sep-08 15:10:00

My mum used to have a stand alone one, think she bought it when she lived in Germany. We have one for the bbq - lovely!!!

robinredbreastbirdie Mon 08-Sep-08 22:34:18

here's one for 15

I love mine, I also have a smeg

Sarahwhizz Wed 09-Mar-16 10:15:45

mmm just found this thread. You really cant beat a bbq rotisserie, we're doing up the garden so hoping to get one of these for ourselves on our weber bbq this summer. www.bbqs2u.co.uk/72-weber-bbq-rotisseries

Do most of them just plug into the mains socket or are some battery powered? I imagine you'd go through a lot of batteries! Hopefully these Weber ones are mains powered, time to do some research. Fingers crossed we get a hot long summer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now