Instant pot or an air fryer?

(8 Posts)
TeeK Fri 25-Nov-16 15:35:01

Thoughts please...

redpriestandmozart Fri 25-Nov-16 17:49:08

They do very different things, I have an Instant Pot and love it, I regularly use the steamer, pressure cooker, rice cooker feature but never the yogurt maker.

It's on sale on Amazon today www.amazon.co.uk/Instant-Pot-Electric-Pressure-Stainless/dp/B00OP26T4K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480096118&sr=8-1&keywords=instant+pot

User006point5 Mon 28-Nov-16 21:40:49

I was looking for a suggestion for an Xmas present for the family...

Would the 6 litre be big enough for a family of four (two teenagers)? Would it take a chicken? Or would the 8 litre be better?

redpriestandmozart Sun 04-Dec-16 15:34:56

I have the 6 litre, it will make a pot of stew that will feed 4 adults, using 500g minced steak, 2 onions, 3 carrots and 1.5kg of potatoes, that nearly fills the pot. It will take a chicken but my old slow cooker was oval and a better shape for a whole chicken, this is round although still takes it. It will hold a huge amount of curry or chilli so I'd say it will be fine for a family of four.

SerialReJoiner Sun 04-Dec-16 15:41:10

I use my IP every day, often twice a day. We eat a lot of beans, rice, stews and soups. I also cook whole potatoes in it. Love it so much. We have a large family but don't eat meat, so can't comment on that. The 6 litre from Costco has been a fine size.

sepsisandAKI Sun 04-Dec-16 20:53:58

Serial I've just treated myself to an instant pot. I don't eat meat either, do you have any recipes you're willing to share or anywhere to find them? I can't wait to get using it! Thanks

SerialReJoiner Sun 04-Dec-16 21:19:02

If you are on Facebook, there are vegan and vegetarian groups with loads of recipes being shared! Vegan Under Pressure is a good cook book, I've heard. Enjoy!! It has made my life much easier in the kitchen and we eat better. smile

sepsisandAKI Mon 05-Dec-16 21:19:33

Thanks! Will take a look

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now