Scrambled eggs - help!

(16 Posts)
BritneyDidItAgain Fri 25-Nov-16 10:07:35

My baby starting crying when I'd just started making some scrambled eggs and is now having an unreasonably long and relaxed boob feast. I switched the hob off before I came upstairs. What will I arrive to upon my return into the kitchen? Is it likely to be in any way salvageable? Am I allowed to turn the heat back on without risking food poisoning? I am so hungry!!!

PinkiePiesCupcakes Fri 25-Nov-16 10:11:00

What state were the eggs when you turned it off?
If they were only just in then they've probably just sat and cooked, if they were almost done then they're likely to be burnt and stuck.

Either way. In future, do them in the microwave, much easier and less likely to burn. grin

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Fri 25-Nov-16 10:11:32

scrambled eggs cook so quickly that I imagine they carried on cooking in the hot pan once you turned the hob on. I wouldn't reheat them tbough, the texture will be awful! you'll have to make some more sad

BritneyDidItAgain Fri 25-Nov-16 10:13:24

They were only just in. He is STILL feeding. I don't have any more eggs sad

BritneyDidItAgain Fri 25-Nov-16 10:14:24

Also not looking forward to cleaning the pan as it wasn't a non stick!

ppeatfruit Fri 25-Nov-16 12:41:08

Did you put any butter or olive oil in with them? If you did they're probably fine , you turned off the hob anyway, it'll be fine to carry on cooking them. Unless there are huge bluebottles in you kitchen and you didn't put a top on your saucepan grin

Nineloves1 Fri 25-Nov-16 12:43:34

I feel your pain. How do they know? Just as I am thinking Mmmm, there is a little, "Meh heh. "

MitzyLeFrouf Fri 25-Nov-16 12:48:18

Stick the (potentially rubbery) eggs between two slices of hot toast and it will taste just fine!

Nineloves1 Fri 25-Nov-16 12:51:40

They're two and a half hours old now though.

MitzyLeFrouf Fri 25-Nov-16 12:53:32

Meh. A zap in the microwave and they'd be edible.

Nineloves1 Fri 25-Nov-16 13:05:01

grin

BritneyDidItAgain Fri 25-Nov-16 13:08:15

Update for all you avid egg watchers. The boy fed for AN HOUR (teething and poorly). When I got back to my beloved eggs they actually looked like they'd cooked quite nicely (and hadn't ruined the pan as had put butter in there), but I didn't want to heat them up again as thought the texture would be horrible (I don't have a microwave) so had to have a bit of buttered toast instead. He's a bit self centred that child of mine ;),

ppeatfruit Fri 25-Nov-16 13:16:22

You could've heated them through quickly no problem, nicer than in a microwave IMO and E.

ppeatfruit Fri 25-Nov-16 13:17:11

Aaah bless the little darling grin.

Believeitornot Fri 25-Nov-16 13:17:31

I remember perfecting the art of breastfeeding on the move with DC2 - maybe now is the time to learn grin

BritneyDidItAgain Fri 25-Nov-16 14:30:09

Good tips all round thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now