Easy, mild chicken curry recipe

(8 Posts)
OnchaoFerngrass Thu 10-Nov-16 20:30:04

I refused to decide what we will be eating this weekend as last weekend the meals were met by complaints by the other three members of the family. After totally ignoring my requests to suggest a meal, DH pronounces we should have a chicken curry this weekend. Mainly because I don't like/have never eaten a curry. Neither have the DC.

Point me in the direction of a (very) mild, easy to make chicken curry please.

Squirrelfruitandnutkin Thu 10-Nov-16 20:33:17

I make this - everyone likes it, it's mild and pretty sweet so the kids like it a lot. Really easy too.

Destinysdaughter Thu 10-Nov-16 20:33:20

This is mild, easy to make and delicious!

www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/simplegoanchickencur_67869

SweetChickadee Thu 10-Nov-16 20:33:50

Patak's Korma curry paste - NOT cooking sauce, the actual curry paste.

They are fab. Couldn't be simpler. I like to add a can of coconut milk and a can of chopped toms for the 'wet'.

Fry onion gently till soft, add chicken and a generous dollop of paste, fry for a couple of mins, and add the 'wet' and any lentils or chickpeas if you like them.

simmer for an hour or so, add chopped coriander. Done grin

TheCrowFromBelow Thu 10-Nov-16 20:34:23

Get him to cook it.
I think 3 people complaining without suggesting constructively what they'd like is really rude.
Not that helpful I know!
On the plus side if you haven't tried curry you light find a whole new selection of food you like!!

lapsedorienteerer Thu 10-Nov-16 20:42:20

I have a version of this from the online Guardian but I can't find the original article. It's a curry based on chicken, red pepper and ground almonds so no added fat and really tasty. I'm sure there are other versions out there.

OnchaoFerngrass Thu 10-Nov-16 20:46:54

Thank you! I knew someone could help!
squirrel I don't see a link?
destiny that looks easy enough for me to manage. I think I'll give that one a go.

What do you serve with it? Veg? Rice/noodle type things?

crow to be fair, two of them I wouldn't let loose in the kitchen anyway! The last time I insisted Dd tell me what she wanted for lunch, she thought for ages and pronounced "rice and ketchup!"

Squirrelfruitandnutkin Thu 10-Nov-16 21:28:26

Ah bugger! Sorry I'm over tired today! 😴
It's yummy!

attic24.typepad.com/weblog/2012/01/on-the-menu-sweet-and-easy-curry.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now