Homemade bread sauce - can you freeze it?

(7 Posts)
Lunde Thu 10-Nov-16 15:44:04

I am trying to work out what things I can make ahead and freeze this Christmas. Previously I have frozen the breadcrumbs, infused the milk/cream in Christmas eve and made it on Christmas Day.

But this year I am trying to make as much as possible ahead - so can I freeze bread sauce?

dannyglick Thu 10-Nov-16 16:51:58

Don't now about homemade, but I buy M&S bread sauce, and it's something I can't buy ahead, as it usually says "not suitable for freezing" on the label.
Can't imagine it would be unsafe to eat, but maybe it doesn't thaw well; maybe it separates?

chemenger Thu 10-Nov-16 16:55:46

Do people actually eat bread sauce? Actually I know they do because I make it every year for dh but I have never been able to summon the desire to even taste it, it looks so revolting. I have a feeling it might become very gluey if you froze it but I'm not sure why.

LoveAfternoonTea Thu 10-Nov-16 17:01:34

I regularly freeze bread sauce. It's fine. And delicious!

Lunde Thu 10-Nov-16 19:26:57

Thanks - my family LOVE bread sauce but I can't buy it in Scandi

seminakedinsomebodyelsesroom Thu 10-Nov-16 19:31:56

Yup my MIL makes delicious bread sauce and freezes it. Yum!

anonymousbird Fri 11-Nov-16 10:36:20

It's brilliant to freeze in smallish portions, then we treat ourselves when we have roast chicken dinners!! In fact, I am going to make some this very weekend.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now