Sweet and sour chicken recipe please

(7 Posts)
Indecisivejo Mon 07-Nov-16 18:08:40

I'm looking for a fairly simple but really tasty sweet n sour recipe (no battered meat though) can anyone share a great one?

Indecisivejo Tue 08-Nov-16 14:13:59

Anyone??

shatteredstudentmum Tue 08-Nov-16 14:21:14

I do a really simple sauce, 2 parts tomato ketchup to 1 part vinegar, soy sauce, and honey. Bit of garlic powder and a pinch of fennel. You have to leave it for an hour or so before using it. Sounds fairly horrid but it's actually quite authentic tasting. I just use roast chicken chunks with veg and noodles and cook it together for 3 or 4 minuted.

Manumission Tue 08-Nov-16 14:26:07

Following smile

AuntGertrude Wed 09-Nov-16 12:30:34

Our sauce is some corn flour and water, demerara sugar, white vinegar (not white wine vinegar), dark soy sauce, chicken stock, thick tomato gloop from tinned tomatoes, some pineapple juice from tinned pineapples. Cook your chicken off, and add with any veg you want - we usually put in chopped tinned toms, red/green peppers, and some pineapple. Cook for about an hour.

piebald Wed 09-Nov-16 17:10:34

2lb chicken breast, cube and coat with 2 tblsp cornflour
Mix together, 1tblsp cornflour, 2tblsp castor sugar, 2tblsp white wine vinegar, 2 tblsp orange juice, 1 1/2 tblsp soy sauce, 1 1/2 tblsp tom puree 1 1/2 tblsp pale sherry and 6 tblsp water.
Fry chicken in veg oil, add 2 1/2 tblsp soy sauce and chopped peppers and onion if liked
Add sauce and heat till clear

Indecisivejo Wed 09-Nov-16 17:50:02

Thank u smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now