Dairy free dessert

(11 Posts)
LeonardoAcropolis Tue 01-Nov-16 11:38:59

Hello, can anyone recommend a quick and easy dairy free dessert? It's for three people

Thanks smile

chemenger Tue 01-Nov-16 11:49:05

Classic chocolate mousse uses only chocolate, which can be dairy free, and eggs. There is a Raymond Blanc recipe in the BBC website I think. Otherwise I have made boozy jellies. NIgella has a Venetian carrot cake which is dairy and gluten free and is delicious (although better with mascarpone laced with brandy).

minipie Tue 01-Nov-16 12:00:47

Baked nectarines with honey and almonds? (or any kind of baked fruit really). With Booja Booja dairy free ice cream?

LockedOutOfMN Tue 01-Nov-16 12:08:34

Chocolate brownies?

OrlandaFuriosa Tue 01-Nov-16 12:21:59

Fruit salad, obv.

Crumble, but use coconut oil instead if butter

Meringues with fruit and Swedish glacé ice cream, v good, dairy free. Or any dairy free ice cream

Allalonenow Tue 01-Nov-16 12:29:11

Fruit tart, make the shortcrust pastry with Trex or margarine, plums are in season now, or everyone loves apple tart.

Pears baked in spiced red wine.

PurpleDaisies Tue 01-Nov-16 12:32:58

Carrot cake is dairy free if you ice it with glacé icing. This is a great recipe with a stupid title.

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3229/yummy-scrummy-carrot-cake

minipie Tue 01-Nov-16 12:36:35

Be careful about marg - many have dairy in. Pure spread is fully dairy free.

FawnDrench Tue 01-Nov-16 15:53:36

Jamie Oliver's got some lovely ideas for dairy free dessert recipes. look here

Or what about apple creme brûlée? One recipe for that and over 200 others here

LeonardoAcropolis Tue 01-Nov-16 16:46:23

Thank you all for these suggestions, I think they all look good. I think I'll do a crumble with coconut oil not butter topping, served with dairy free ice cream ( and brandy laced marscapone for me)

I'll be keeping this thread for future reference flowers

FlukeSkyeRunner Wed 02-Nov-16 09:42:57

Vitalite us dairy free and works well in a crumble topping. Add some oats to the topping to make it extra yummy. Any sponge type pudding can be made with Vitalite instead of butter - sponge pudding, eves pudding, pineapple upside down etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now