Anyone have any good pumpkin recipes?

(13 Posts)
atticusclaw2 Fri 28-Oct-16 19:27:09

DH has just come home with three monster pumpkins. Does anyone have any good recipes for using up pumpkin that don't taste grim?

MaureenMLove Fri 28-Oct-16 19:37:05

This could have been me! DH has brought home at least 6 pumpkins from his boss over the last month or so.

We've had pumpkin curry, which is really just veg curry tbh! There was about 6 portions per pumpkin and they are all in the freezer.

Did the same making soup. Roasted the pumpkin in chunks first, then chucked it in a pot with salt and pepper and a chopped up chilli. When we had blitzed it, we added some milk to loosen it up and a whole chunk of Parmesan cheese grated. Just before serving we added some gueyere cheese cubes.

MaureenMLove Fri 28-Oct-16 19:39:50

The soup had onion in it too. Fried that in the pot first, with some garlic.

AChickenCalledKorma Fri 28-Oct-16 19:40:23

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4777/halloween-pumpkin-cake

Easy least and totally yummy.

AChickenCalledKorma Fri 28-Oct-16 19:40:50

Gaaah! Easy peasy

atticusclaw2 Fri 28-Oct-16 19:43:24

I didn't think about pumpkin curry. And that cake looks good. Everyone loves carrot cake and so that should go down well.

AtleastitsnotMonday Fri 28-Oct-16 23:50:23

We've made these pumpkin scones but added extra cheese.

HoneyDragon Fri 28-Oct-16 23:52:15

Don't forgot to toast the seeds

FastWindow Sat 29-Oct-16 00:00:57

Crap, i roasted the pumpkin in cubes, fried the onion in butter, blitzed the lot with a carrot and a celery stick, and a pint of chicken stock. Sounds lovely? Wasn't.

NotAMammy Sun 30-Oct-16 21:45:04

Seeds roasted with some salt and chilli are gorgeous, but I'm pretty sure I OD'ed on them and had some serious trapped wind last year, so a word of warning!
Currently surrounded by 8 of the feckers, so also keen on recipes.

Motherfuckers Mon 31-Oct-16 03:38:33

Sage goes really well with pumpkin, I make a pumpkin sage pasta sauce. I also just like it roasted, I eat it on its own, hot or cold.

Cookingongas Mon 31-Oct-16 06:52:55

www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/recipes/10389877/Red-lentil-and-pumpkin-dahl-recipe.html
This dhal is lovely

www.halfbakedharvest.com/thai-pumpkin-laksa-with-crunchy-fried-chickpeas/
As is this laksa

www.kitchentreaty.com/slow-cooker-black-bean-pumpkin-chili/
I haven't made this one yet but it's first on my list for this years pumpkin

peachyyy Fri 04-Nov-16 02:58:52

creamy pumpkin pasta...

cut into cubes and roast. blitz in blender with salt, pepper, 1tsp nutmeg, 1/2tsp cinnamon, 1tsp coriander (or whichever spices you like really) and a tin of coconut milk. you might not need the whole tin depending on the size of the pumpkin, but just enough to make it a nice creamy sauce. Stir into cooked pasta.

It's delicious and actually works with most roasted veg, carrots, squash, sweet potato...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now