Why can't I freeze this?

(8 Posts)
Costaproblemo Fri 21-Oct-16 09:44:57

I bought a Tesco meal deal but didn't eat the pudding (a crumble).

We are away for the weekend so I just went to put it in the freezer but it says it's. It for freezing. Does anyone have any idea why?

Thanks!

4merlyknownasSHD Fri 21-Oct-16 11:28:00

I am sure that it is quite possible for you to freeze it, but they are covering their ^r$e$ because it has not been specially prepared for home freezing. It would be at your risk but really, what risk could there be. I am sure that someone will come along who has a post-graduate degree in nutritional bio-chemistry who could quote chapter and verse as to why you shouldn't, but then they would probably tell me that you shouldn't re-heat rice either, which I often do (I know...blah, blah, blah)!

moglovespumpkins Fri 21-Oct-16 11:29:29

I'd freeze it.

ReedBunting Fri 21-Oct-16 11:30:16

maybe the fruit in it has already been frozen? Can't fathom any other reason why you couldn't freeze a crumble. Probably just covering their backs. I'd freeze it...

IminaPickle Fri 21-Oct-16 11:31:00

I don't think strawberries freeze well, so it'll be mushy, but no health reason not to. Freeze and enjoy later!

Mumstudentbum Sun 23-Oct-16 19:37:12

I have a nutrition/food science degree and id freeze it if you poison yourself dont blame me like previous poster said it could be that its been frozen before or that it won't taste as nice frozen due to its composition. it may also be down to the packaging not being suitable for home freezing.

Take it out, put it in tupperware and freeze

Cakescakescakes Sun 23-Oct-16 19:38:22

It'll be totally fine.

AmyC86 Mon 31-Oct-16 01:40:59

I'd say that it was probably used with frozen fruit.

Or they have tested it & the fruit causes too much water when cooked from frozen or the crumble burns before the fruit is cooked through.

I'd freeze it, but then defrost before cooking rather than cooking from frozen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now