Easy vegan recipes

(10 Posts)
LazySusan11 Wed 19-Oct-16 17:23:45

I'm easing myself into being a vegan, I don't miss meat at all so far (currently a vegetarian)

Do you have any really tasty vegan recipes and snack ideas?

I think the only thing I may struggle with is my cup of tea, I have barely any milk in it now I like builders tea but rice/soya/oat etc don't make it taste like a proper cuppa!

lastqueenofscotland Wed 19-Oct-16 18:31:38

When I was vegan (short lived cause vegan cheese is rank and I love pizza)

Chana masala
Dahl
Pasta and tomato sauce
Veggie paella of sorts
Veggie fajitas
Stir fry and rice noodles
Linda mcardney sausages with veg/chips/beans
Falafel /pitta and hummus
Various salads with chickpeas/lentils
Beans/mushrooms on toast
Bruschetta
Baked potato with various fillings
Chilli

Justwanttoweeinpeace Wed 19-Oct-16 18:34:32

Watching with interest - I have a Sunday lunch coming up and I need to impress a couple of vegans.

I'm a bit clueless.

Fluffsnuts Wed 19-Oct-16 18:35:09

this is amazing. And really easy.

www.scissorsandspice.com/2011/05/spice-in-kitchen-savory-rhubarb-lentil.html

Sparklesilverglitter Thu 20-Oct-16 11:11:23

Jamie Oliver's vegan chocolate tart www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chocolate-recipes/vegan-chocolate-tart-with-rhubarb/

I'm not vegan myself but I made the tart when I had vegan friends over and it was lovely

Again I've made sweet potatoe and white bean chilli for vegan friends and I enjoyed it
www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/sweet-potato-white-bean-chilli/

Stir frys loads of veg, noodles, and you can use tofu if you wish

Could you make pizza? If you use chickpea flour?

00100001 Thu 20-Oct-16 11:12:34

Here are some good recipes
highenergyparenting.com/recipes/

NicknameUsed Thu 20-Oct-16 11:21:46

"I think the only thing I may struggle with is my cup of tea"

I have tried every dairy alternative to milk in tea and IMO nothing hits the spot like cow's milk I'm afraid.

I made Jamie Oliver's vegan shepherd's pie last week and it was absolutely delicious. DD is vegetarian so we eat mostly vegetarian meals anyway, but this was the best veggie shepherd's pie I have ever eaten.

DD gets a lot of vegan recipes from Pinterest.

AtleastitsnotMonday Thu 20-Oct-16 14:04:26

Jack Monroe has lots of easy and v tasty vegan recipes on her site.

cudbywestrangers Thu 20-Oct-16 18:31:24

I'm veggie but the fast leon recipe for aubergine jambalaya is quick and tasty, as is one I found on the guardian website for cauliflower and chickpea tagine. Stir fries can be good too. I like the tofu and asparagus pad thai on the BBC good food site. Curry and chilli are also good options! Like you I'm veggie and eating less dairy than I used to, but I couldn't give up chocolate or cheese!!! Or cows milk in tea so don't think I'll ever go vegan

Justmemyselfandi999 Fri 28-Oct-16 17:05:50

Have you tried unsweetened almond milk in tea? It's the closest I've found smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now