Vegan recipes

(6 Posts)
TheLaundryLady Fri 07-Oct-16 20:17:05

Hi, my daughter has decided that she is going to eat a vegan diet.
I have absolutely no idea of where to start so any recipes , snack ideas etc would be very welcome

AtleastitsnotMonday Fri 07-Oct-16 21:17:33

This is a really handy list of 'Accidentally vegan' products, everyday bits and pieces that just happen to be vegan, things like cereals, cakes, biscuits, snacks etc.
For starting out vegan take a look at Jack Monroe's vegan recipes, tasty food that doesn't require million of ingredients and are nutritionally sound. I'll come back with some actual recipes in a bit.

TheLaundryLady Fri 07-Oct-16 21:38:10

That's great thank you smile

AtleastitsnotMonday Fri 07-Oct-16 21:54:27

Tomato & butter bean stew
Moroccan ragout and cous cous
Beetroot & quinoa tabbouleh
Pasta with anchovies and capers
Moroccan-chickpea cakes
Falafels and Pittas
Italian bean casserole
Lentil and spinach dahl
Pinto bean chilli

AtleastitsnotMonday Fri 07-Oct-16 21:56:10

Forget the pasta recipe with anchovies! Sorry my veg and vegan recipes are all mixed together!

LauraMipsum Tue 11-Oct-16 14:50:00

You can "veganise" lots of things - e.g. use soy mince and a dollop of Alpro yoghurt in recipes that call for animal mince / use soy milk instead of dairy and so on.

If using soy mince do put a dollop of vegan yoghurt in otherwise it can be a bit dry.

I am not officially vegan but mostly eat vegan food, the last few weeks have included

* Stuffing, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, sprouts and gravy
* Breaded tofu slices with baked potato and broad beans
* Shepherd's pie & greens
* Thai green curry
* Keema peas made with soy mince
* Puy lentils with roast mushrooms and spring onions
* Linda McCartney sausage and mash
* Nut cutlets, baby potatoes and peas
* Gnocchi with 'free from' pesto, roast tomatoes, roast peppers & olives
* Home made pizza with vegan cheese
* Ratatouille, rice and garlic bread (Sainsbury & Tesco value brands are vegan if you CBA to make your own)
* Whole roast cauliflower with tahini & pomegranate, with quinoa pilau and avocado (that was a having people over recipe)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now