Baked whole stuffed pumpkin - does anyone make this?

(7 Posts)
CaptainWarbeck Fri 07-Oct-16 03:49:07

I saw a recipe for one in a magazine in the hairdressers and didn't feel I could rip it out, however haven't been able to find any recipes that look similar! It was basically an entire pumpkin with seedy flesh scooped out, then the inside stuffed with herby tasty uncooked rice and stock and veg and stuff - maybe cream? The rice all cooked in the oven inside the pumpkin and the pumpkin went soft and roasty and delicious.

Anyone any ideas of how you could recreate this?

OttoTheOnly Fri 07-Oct-16 03:55:48

Nigella has a recipe like this in her Christmas book n

DailyMailFuckRightOff Fri 07-Oct-16 04:50:33

Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall might have done something similar. We've done it but can't remember where recipe from. Stuffed with thyme, cheese and grains eg spelt? Think we used the pre cooked packet grains t avoid that awkward 'raw grains' scenario.

Showgirl109 Fri 07-Oct-16 05:13:29

I have done something similar no rice inside but I serve rice with it.

It's basically a lightly spiced creamy chicken dish with ginger and cardamom, you then hollow out the seedy bit and bake inside the pumpkin in the oven for around 45 mins. Up feeding but I will look up my recipe for you in the morning.

CaptainWarbeck Fri 07-Oct-16 10:55:25

Thanks showgirl. Thyme and lots of cheese sounds epic.

I'll google to see if I can find Nigella's version...

Showgirl109 Fri 07-Oct-16 11:45:09

Let me know if you can't read this and I can send it in a different format.

Also cardamon obviously.

CaptainWarbeck Fri 07-Oct-16 12:05:39

That looks great, thanks!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now