Is this enough - nibbles for 4 adults and 4 children

(12 Posts)
Colourfulpast1975 Wed 28-Sep-16 16:05:08

We are having some guests over Saturday evening and as its a very rare occurrence I was with wondering if you could tell me if it's enough :

- chorizo/feta/feta cheese cube/green olive on stick

- black olive/salami/cheddar on stick

- Smoked salmon mini croissant

- Salty monkey bread : pizza balls with Parmesan and pesto

- Sausage in puff pastry with cheese and mustard

-falafel/feta/chunk of cucumber on stick with humous and tzatziki.

- cherry tomatoe/basil/mozzarella on stick

- olive bread

- dips

- crisps

-crudités

For pudding :

Tiffin and raspberry tart

What do you think ??

gammatron Wed 28-Sep-16 16:07:42

I think so but it depends what quantities of everything you are surviving!

OlennasWimple Wed 28-Sep-16 16:10:52

Yes, but I'd substitute one of the savoury nibbles for something less salty, as everything on your list is salty (not that I'm worried about health stuff, more that you might all get rather thirsty and / or appreciate some different tastes)

ReallyShouldKnowBetterAtMyAge Wed 28-Sep-16 16:12:38

Sounds lovely and more than enough.

Are the children up to eating it? <stares at Pringles and sausage roll only eating DD>

PosiePootlePerkins Wed 28-Sep-16 16:13:21

What are the ages of the children? Some of those nibbles are quite 'grown up' and not suited to every child's palate. I'd probably add some mini pizzas and some plain sausages or sausage rolls to balance it out a bit.

PosiePootlePerkins Wed 28-Sep-16 16:14:02

Ha ha cross post Really glad its not just my kids!

Colourfulpast1975 Wed 28-Sep-16 16:28:33

Thank you smile the children are 3, 5, 9 and 12...so you suggest sausage rolls, pizza for the kiddies anything else ??

Colourfulpast1975 Wed 28-Sep-16 16:29:32

Too much cheesy bites isn't it ???

PosiePootlePerkins Wed 28-Sep-16 17:30:29

Mini wraps? With choice of fillings eg grated cheese and lettuce, tuna and sweetcorn mayo, ham and cherry tomatoes. Mine just like plain stuff really!
The food you listed all sounds yummy by the way, I'd just do child friendly bits too.

Mozfan1 Wed 28-Sep-16 17:35:04

Op. I'm very annoyed now. You've made me very hungry grin

Sounds great but some cocktail sausages or something might round it off nicely? 😇

BrieAndChilli Wed 28-Sep-16 17:36:01

I'd do mini scotch eggs, mini sausages, cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks, crisps etc for the kids.

Is it nibbles as in people will already have had a meal or is it instead of a meal?

Colourfulpast1975 Wed 28-Sep-16 18:07:21

It is a meal as way of a meal ! Just nibbles and drinks ! Thank you for your help !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now