Your best stir fry recipe

(8 Posts)
AnotherShirtRuined Thu 22-Sep-16 16:26:58

I love a good stir fry but have never actually cooked oneblush

For years the cooking in this house has been done by DH but since he changed jobs earlier this year and now works evenings during the week, the cooking has fallen on me. I quite like it but would like to broaden my repertoire. Also I think the DCs would enjoy it.

So if you would like to share your favourite stir fry recipe, it would be very much appreciated.

Anothernamechanger1 Thu 22-Sep-16 16:34:06

My kids and I love the Ken hom chow mein recipe on the tesco website. Very easy and very quick, I add quorn to it as I'm vegetarian, but you can adapt to your needs. Simple but delicious and we have it most weeks. Sorry I can't link it but go on the recipes section, under 'Chinese' and it's a dozen or so recipes down, we are having it tonight actually!

AnotherShirtRuined Thu 22-Sep-16 17:29:25

Thanks for the suggestion. I found a few different chow mein recipes on the Tesco website, but none by Ken Hom? However, there are quite a few delicious looking stir-frys on there so will have a look around.

Anothernamechanger1 Thu 22-Sep-16 18:28:18

Go onto recipes, then down to world cuisine, chose Chinese, then it is the 8th one down? Ken hom vegetable chow mein?

AnotherShirtRuined Thu 22-Sep-16 18:39:22

Found it! It looks delicious😄

Anothernamechanger1 Thu 22-Sep-16 19:01:35

It's lovely, I love Chinese but some recipes are a bit full on with flavour and ginger or lemongrass can be a bit over powering but I found this recipe was great to introduce it to the kids and then I adapt the recipe quite often. You could add chicken to it etc.

AnotherShirtRuined Thu 22-Sep-16 19:21:42

I'll have a go on Monday. Thanks again!

Popularcontrarian Fri 23-Sep-16 12:39:00

My favourite is RasaMalaysia's cashew chicken. It's the business. It tastes like take-out and we hoover it up.

The recipe calls for rice wine but if you didn't have it I think it'd work without. The key is in marinading the chicken in cornflour and baking soda. It makes the chicken so amazingly tender.

Here's a link: rasamalaysia.com/cashew-chicken/2/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now