Can you help me with my lasagna recipe

(13 Posts)
Saltlake Thu 22-Sep-16 09:50:02

Help.

I found a great recipe for a courgette, ricotta and spinach lasagna with kale. I don't think it had white sauce in it and I can recall you grilled the courgettes.

I duly bought kale, spinach and courgettes, and I can't find the recipe anywhere.

I can cook, but I'm not good at all fresco cooking out of my comfort zone. If I just bung it together it will be a very worthy meal, but that will be about all you could say for it.

Does anyone know the recipe, or could you advise me how to assemble these into a yummy lasagna?

TIA

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Thu 22-Sep-16 09:54:48

I don't know that recipe, but ricotta if often used instead of white sauce.

Saltlake Thu 22-Sep-16 19:05:22

That's useful, thanks.

lemonzest123 Thu 22-Sep-16 19:06:49

I would sweat the courgettes a little using salt and kitchen paper but thats just me smile

lemonzest123 Thu 22-Sep-16 19:07:38

Just because spinach is also quiet wet

zzzzz Thu 22-Sep-16 19:10:44

Stick Philadelphia Cream cheese with milk and a couple of egg yolks in the liquidiser and use like cheese sauce/bechamel

PepsiPenguin Thu 22-Sep-16 19:13:45

Will you be using any pasta?

PepsiPenguin Thu 22-Sep-16 19:17:54

My thought is

Sweat off the kale and spinach together, i would season and add garlic.

Grill the courgettes or place on a hot griddle pan to get some nice char on them

Layer pasta and courgette (or courgette if using them as the pasta alternative)

The slice of ricotta

Followed by the spinach and kale mix

And repeat the layers

Saltlake Fri 23-Sep-16 11:46:48

Thank you both. Can now have a lasagna! I hadn't thought of using courgettes instead of pasta. Might try that next tine.

PepsiPenguin Fri 23-Sep-16 15:19:39

Let us know how it turns out, may give this a try myself grin

I make a hot spinach and artichoke dip (Philadelphia, ricotta and parmigiana garlic) not for the health conscious but it's bloody delicious smile similar sort of thing

ShowMeTheElf Fri 23-Sep-16 15:26:18

Is it this OP?
www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nancy-fuller/fresh-vegetable-lasagna-with-spinach-and-zucchini.html
...maybe not, as the courgette is fried not grilled..

Saltlake Fri 23-Sep-16 21:42:23

It worked! I griddled the courgettes with some lemon, my brain recalled someone recommending that, but looking back lemonzest suggested sweating them. blush

I sweated the spinach and kale with garlic, and layered it as advised, with a little ricotta and a handful of grated Mozzarella on top.

Yum.
Have one for the freezer too, my dish was smaller than I thought so I made two.

Thank you all.

PepsiPenguin Sun 25-Sep-16 18:53:34

Wonderful!

Shall give this a try!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now