Sandwich press ideas?

(5 Posts)
PinkCloudDweller Tue 20-Sep-16 23:01:59

I've just got myself one! I dithered between a sandwich maker (the one that makes sealed, triangular toasted sandwiches) and the panini press. I went for the press as I thought it would give me more flexibility with bread types, which i thought was important as I bake my own bread. But I've been on Pintererest and you can do all sorts of thing with a sandwich maker - have I made the wrong decision? I've seen less interesting recipes for the press. Any ideas for unusual recipes?

FormerlyCatherineDeB Tue 20-Sep-16 23:07:43

I am not sure what the difference is but i have got an ancient cast iron panini pan, just like a square pan with ridges on the bottom and on the heavy lid.

What can you use the other one for that you don't think you can use the panini press for?

IME a bit of fig preserve cheers up anything you make in it.

evelynj Tue 20-Sep-16 23:13:17

Panini presses are great! Ham & cheese toasties always a winner here, or wraps toasted.

Do you mean you want to make other things than toasting breakage? I would I agile you could use them for makin pancakes or heating things up. I used to have a sealing sandwich toaster & it was a real pita to clean

FormerlyCatherineDeB Tue 20-Sep-16 23:13:50

Forgot to add that staples here could be - dolcelatte and fig preserve with a bit of sliced apple and a few bits of spinach (or any other cheese that needs using up), anything else hanging around in the fridge like sliced roast meat plus cheese, fig preserve, etc., etc..

Or brie with apple or pear and walnuts or sliced apricots - anything I can find between the fridge and the pantry really. I like Cheddar with a spicy tomato chutney. Chutney of some sort is usually involved.

Not very imaginative, tends to be whatever we have got that needs eating.

PinkCloudDweller Wed 21-Sep-16 07:42:06

Thanks, it sounds great! I forgot that you can also toast wraps, which is one of the reasons why I wanted a press in the first place!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now