No prep one pot meals

(10 Posts)
mazzyo Tue 20-Sep-16 07:19:17

So kitchen out of commission this week as floor is being sanded and stained. I've smuggled a casserole out. Can anyone share ideas for one pot meals where I can chuck everything in in one go. I'm happy to buy pre prepped veggies, but I can't bring myself to do takeaways and ready meals. Did it last night, but once is enough. I know, it's the Irish Mammy in me!

I need 3 recipes - and then can justify eating out all weekend long! Thanks

Hmm - definitely stew, also ratatouille (so I suppose another type of stew),
Royal Brisket is rather good too

Actually, just remembers the brisket needs the meat browned - ignore that one - sorry!

mazzyo Wed 21-Sep-16 16:17:46

Thanks MoonlightandMusic! So I threw a stock pot, cannellini and butter beans, parsley, cumin into the casserole, and managed to hack a red pepper apart on the coffee table. Into the oven, and then heated up some falafelnon a baking tray. The beans needed some natural yoghurt stirred in because a bit bland - but we were fed!

Tonight - who remembers ready steady cook? Challenge - one pot no prep apart from minimal - chicken thigh, chilli, broccoli that I can hack, yoghurt, i'm out of stock. Carb - maybe baked potato?

grin - how did the "challenge" go?

Houseconfusion Wed 21-Sep-16 20:42:42

Mexican chicken one-pot - second night have had it here from frozen DELECTABLE.

In a slow cooker or any crock pot throw in -

1. Skin-on chicken legs
2. Passatta
3. Tin of baked beans
4. Frozen slices peppers
4. Very generous amounts of smoked paprika (the key ingredient imo)
5. Very generous amounts of garlic powder
6. Worcestershire sauce/soy sauce/Tabasco in whatever amounts you like
7. Salt if you add that

Leave be.

3 legs as above feeds early thirties DH and me with major post work appetites and 11 month old DS very fillingly. With hot rice.

Qwebec Sun 25-Sep-16 04:29:12

google one pot pasta. You dump everything in the pot cook and tadaa it is ready.

diclaimer: I have not tried it, but if you do, report back!

lastqueenofscotland Sun 25-Sep-16 09:12:19

Veggie risotto
Dahl and naan bread
Gnocchi and pesto

wobblywonderwoman Sun 25-Sep-16 09:14:00

Being the Irish mammy

Roast a gammon joint in the slow cooker and bung a few baby potatoes and garden peas in the microwave

notagiraffe Sun 25-Sep-16 09:19:58

Coconut satay chicken curry: chicken thighs, coconut milk, a dollop of peanut butter, whatever spices you like, grated lime zest and juice, baby corns or sweet corn, sugar snaps or peas, cubes of butternut squash, baby spinach leaves if DC will tolerate them. Eat with naan bread.

Cowboy casserole: onions (if you can't fry them you can buy lazy onions prefried), tinned chopped tomatoes, mixed beans, good sausage cut into chunks, cubed carrots and potatoes, splash of worcestershire sauce, fresh thyme or dried herbs and a bit of smoky paprika.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now