Hello me cobble together a meal from what's in my fridge

(9 Posts)
SharingMichelle Sat 17-Sep-16 09:43:59

Do you think baked sweet potatoes and stuffed tomatoes constitutes a meal? A reasonable enough meal to serve to a guest? Does it need something extra? Salad? I've got some leaves.

Lweji Sat 17-Sep-16 09:46:47

What are the tomatoes stuffed with?

The tomatoes are veg anyway, so you've got that part covered.

I just don't seem to see any protein in your description.

CatNip2 Sat 17-Sep-16 09:47:01

I can pretty much make a meal from lots of rubbish but unless I was starving I wouldn't serve a stuffed tomato with a baked sweet potato, it's rather an odd combination. I would put gem together with other things in a casserole, curry type thing though.

NoelHeadbands Sat 17-Sep-16 09:48:34

Um it sounds a bit odd. Could you turn it into a tomato based curry or spicy stew?

NoelHeadbands Sat 17-Sep-16 09:49:31

Heh I get that a curry IS a spicy stew btw, I was meaning more Mexican style maybe

Whitetulipofpeace Sat 17-Sep-16 09:50:54

Make the sweet potatoes into chips maybe? It might go better with the stuffed pepper.

PurpleDaisies Sat 17-Sep-16 09:55:12

Is the sweet potato baked already? I'd probably turn it into roasted cubes and add those to a big salad including cheese (feta or halloumi) with garlic bread on the side.

AtleastitsnotMonday Sat 17-Sep-16 14:05:03

I think we need to know what else you have in fridge and cupboards to help you make a meal of it.

SharingMichelle Sun 18-Sep-16 14:02:36

Omg I'm so sorry. I thought my Internet connection failed and the thread didn't post. But it did and you were all helpful and i was rude and never came back.

Anyhoo, we had the stuffed tomatoes (stuffed with veg in a cream and ementaal sauce) with baked sweet spuds and a big dark green spinachey salad. It was okay!! Perhaps a little odd, but no complaints.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now