Best seafood linguine recipe

(13 Posts)
80sWaistcoat Fri 16-Sep-16 11:09:12

Any nominations? - fancy something Italian style and lovely with seafood tonight.

MaxineRockatansky Fri 16-Sep-16 11:19:16

This is one of my favourite things to cook and it's never failed me.

Do you have access to fresh crab?

80sWaistcoat Fri 16-Sep-16 11:27:26

Unfortunately DH doesn't like crab - but I'll save that one for later for me! By the sea so get can get amazingly fresh crab.

LilCamper Fri 16-Sep-16 11:35:04

There is a nice prawn linguini recipe in JO 30 min meals. Comes with a lovely fresh fennel salad.

IBelieveTheEarthIsFlat Fri 16-Sep-16 11:38:33

Crab linguine is fab. I would add tarragon rather than parsley and YY to the chilli.

But if you can get good prawns, then very gently fry lots of thinly sliced garlic and chillis in good olive oil for about 20 minutes. Don't let the garlic colour. Take the garlic and chilli out of the oil. Cook the linguine (fresh not dried). Toss the prawns in the oil and cook till pink and squeeze lemon on top. Toss in the linguine and add the garlic and chilli back to the mix. Add chopped fresh herbs of your choice - chives are v nice. (Tarragon is good but cook it in the oil before.)

Serve with a glass of chilled Sancerre

IBelieveTheEarthIsFlat Fri 16-Sep-16 11:43:31

LiL
I have that book and can't find that recipe. Can you give me the page? Going to do something from there now, you have inspired me but wanted to have a look at that one too - always room for improvement!

IBelieveTheEarthIsFlat Fri 16-Sep-16 11:45:27

Found it - it's in 15MM not 30. Oooh it looks great, I'm going to try it. Thanks

Sorry for hijacking your thread 80's

LilCamper Fri 16-Sep-16 11:47:39

Oops, sorry, it's in 15 minute meals, page 194.

80sWaistcoat Fri 16-Sep-16 12:13:03

Sounds like a fantastic recipe - pretty sure I have the JO 15 min book - I'll go home from work via the prawn shop and pick up some fennel too.

80sWaistcoat Fri 16-Sep-16 12:15:13

Is it this one?

keeprecipes.com/recipe/howtocook/prawn-linguine-sicilian-shaved-fennel-salad

LilCamper Fri 16-Sep-16 12:21:02

That's the one, it's a favourite here smile

botemp Fri 16-Sep-16 12:43:22

Giorgio Locatelli's Linguine with Lobster is my favourite and actually quite quick to make especially if you use ready made stock. I swap it out for prawns or langoustines more often than not. The addition of skinned fresh tomatoes really give it a light fresh flavour.

cdtaylornats Fri 16-Sep-16 14:37:32

I cheat,

pack of mixed seafood
pack of king prawns
large chili & tomato pasta sauce (I use Loyd Grossman)
fresh linguine

Heat the sauce, and linguine
dump in seafood & prawns into sauce
warm through
add linguine to sauce & seafood
serve

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now