Ginger Loaf Recipe

(8 Posts)
dalek Sat 03-Sep-16 22:03:40

Does anyone have foolproof ginger loaf recipe - getting colder so starting to fancy something a bit warming.

Thanks in advance xx

AtleastitsnotMonday Sat 03-Sep-16 23:49:05

Try the Jamie Oliver one it's got lots of stem ginger in it so really gingery.

1frenchfoodie Sun 04-Sep-16 07:22:59

If you mean old fashioned gingerbread (black treacle, spices etc) Delia's recipe is really good - though you do need to leave for a couple of days for the flavours and sticky top to develop.

www.deliaonline.com/recipes/international/american-mexican-and-caribbean/dark-jamaican-gingerbread

lellibobs Sun 04-Sep-16 08:28:59

This one is amazing and never failed yet
www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/apr/09/family-life-meeting-mother-another-brick-wall-ginger-loaf?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Statelychangers Sun 04-Sep-16 09:16:35

This British Rail recipe - although I make it using the original recipe, that is without stem ginger - not that I would object to stem ginger.

dalek Mon 05-Sep-16 21:27:03

Thank you everyone - will be baking soon

Bobafatt Mon 24-Oct-16 12:13:07

Fantastic!
Have been looking for exactly this for ages. I should have tried MN before Google.

I shall work my way through each of these recipes. Yum.

LBOCS2 Thu 27-Oct-16 16:19:56

I do a fantastic ginger cake using the MN recipe and switching out some of the golden syrup for the syrup you get in stem ginger - and putting a couple of blobs of ginger through my garlic press. It's by far my most complimented cake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now