Burgers for mass catering!

(7 Posts)
anonymousbird Wed 31-Aug-16 18:44:04

I have 30+ 11 year olds to feed with burgers at the weekend. Not after big quarter pounders, just "regular" burgers but it seems they are hard to find without spending a lot. Can they be cooked from frozen - Birds Eye do them but I have no idea how successful they are.

Also, cheese slices for burgers - dairy lea type slices - are they the right ones?

TIA.

SheDoneAlreadyDoneHadHerses Wed 31-Aug-16 19:00:47

I love a "dirty" burger and Tesco are doing 10 for £2.50 so 25p each and about 60g each. Alternatively, you can make them from mince but it'd be slightly more expensive but you'd control the ingredients.

I love plastic cheese so that'd do me.

QuackDuckQuack Wed 31-Aug-16 19:03:22

We struggled to find proper plastic cheese for burgers recently, I'm not sure if it has gone out of fashion.

anonymousbird Wed 31-Aug-16 19:13:33

Thanks - they need to be ready made preferably as need to be manhandled and flipped by us in a hurry on the barbeque and although home made are tasty, they are more prone to collapse!

I found 4 birds eye frozen burgers on a multi buy for a pound a pack on Ocado so the price matches Tesco! That is the kind of price I was looking for, just didn't know about whether they are in fact edible (though kids at a party will probably eat anything shoved in a bun with ketchup and cheese.....)

SheDoneAlreadyDoneHadHerses Wed 31-Aug-16 21:15:09

Quack My tesco (Bury) and Aldi both do plastic cheese still!

It's there, you just need to ferret smile

cdtaylornats Wed 31-Aug-16 21:50:59

www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=292392007
www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=254266365

Two packs of each of those, squeezy ketchup, onions and buns

imwornout Wed 31-Aug-16 21:52:45

Could you get to Costco??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now