What to do with duck breasts

(9 Posts)
desperatehousewife2 Sat 20-Aug-16 14:51:24

Defrosting our freezer and found 2 duck breasts lurking at the back. Any recommendations for recipe to feed 2 people? Was thinking of something with risotto but not sure if it might be a bit heavy. Thanks in advance

MadHattersWineParty Sat 20-Aug-16 14:54:36

Duck is quite heavy anyway, but if they're nice breasts grin I'd probably serve then whole rather then add them to something else. Last week we had duck breast, dauphinois potato and I made a plum and shallot sauce to go with the duck, it was really easy- I just reduced the plums and the shallots down in a pan with a bit of water and muscovado sugar.

user1469680214 Sun 21-Aug-16 15:44:48

Could be nice to slow roast/ steam then roast in chinese spice with pancakes etc.

OnlyTheDepthVaries Sun 21-Aug-16 18:24:03

This is lovely
(http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/251627/roasted-duck-breast-with-plum-sauce)

headinhands Sun 21-Aug-16 18:27:29

Ha! When I read the title I assumed it was a S&B thread about a particular body shape! grin

wobblywonderwoman Sun 21-Aug-16 18:30:10

I just pan fry them and serve with mash and red cabbage or veg

If I have port in the house I add a tiny bit of sugar and garlic and let it reduce

LadyMonicaBaddingham Sun 21-Aug-16 18:31:59

Cook them, cool them and slice into a crunchy salad. Make the dressing with a dollop of mango chutney stirred in...

StylishDuck Sun 21-Aug-16 18:32:52

I like a nice stir fry with duck, lots of crunchy veg, noodles and hoi sin sauce.

TroysMammy Sun 21-Aug-16 18:34:15

I've found a recipe in Good Housekeeping magazine for duck breasts, rhubarb and sloe gin. I will be trying that shortly as I have rhubarb in the garden and homemade sloe gin from 2 years ago. I've just got to get the duck breasts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now