Miracle Chicken Soup.

(8 Posts)
legotits Sat 20-Aug-16 12:35:02

I'm pissed off being ill and weak.
I need a simple 'get better/infuse superpower' recipe please that doesn't involve too much fannying with technical methods but will give me a boost!

I haven't a full chicken just thighs.
What is the secret?

bombproof recipes for the culinary challenged please

legotits Sat 20-Aug-16 12:54:16

I need the secret magic ingredients, mine never works.

Not gin.
The other ones.

allthecarbs Sat 20-Aug-16 12:59:32

My favourite easy 'feel better' soup is so easy but always tastes better the next day.

It's very rough as I chuck in what I've got.

3 carrots roughly chopped
3 sticks of celery chopped
1 onion diced
1-2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
Chicken stock

Sweat the onion and garlic until nice and soft, add your veg and stock and bring to the boil. Leave to simmer for 5-10 mins. Season with salt and pepper and put in the fridge until tomorrow lunch time. Also lovely with pearl barley etc added.

legotits Sat 20-Aug-16 13:10:40

Is it better to roast the thighs in a roasting bag?
And pour all the juices in or will I have to skim it?
My basic soup is pretty much yours Carby varied by what needs using up but I never ever get it just right.

I'm hoping to get a week from it and be fully reinvigorated.

Not much really smile

PlotterOfPlots Sat 20-Aug-16 14:27:58

How about chicken ramen? Bung chicken thighs in oven for 20-30mins. Fry off a bit of onion or leek and lots of garlic, add lots of chopped ginger, some chilli flakes, chicken and any veg that need a bit more cooking (eg finely shredded carrot, mushroom). Top up with chicken stock from cube. Add broken up noodles and any veg that just need a few mins (peas, sweetcorn, pak choi, lettuce works surprisingly well). When noodles are cooked through, stir in a spoon of soy sauce.

It sounds more complicated than it is - 10mins start to finish apart from cooking the chicken, and it's really more-ish. I like lots of garlic, ginger and chilli if I'm ill.

Cookingongas Sat 20-Aug-16 14:32:46

I'm with plotter of plots- ramen style is my choice of cure. I'd roast the thighs, fry garlic, chilli, ginger and spring onion. Add a litre or two of stock, a dash of soy, a satchet or spoon of miso,and noodles. Pour into bowls. Add shredded chicken, coriander, extra chilli of you like it and crushed peanuts when in bowls.

PlotterOfPlots Sat 20-Aug-16 15:02:41

Hmm <contempates peanuts>

I have to say I make it fresh every time rather than reheating, but it is incredibly quick to make.

legotits Sat 20-Aug-16 15:08:40

Me thighs are in a bag with chilli and garlic, skinless, roasting ready.

I've only got zero noodles or vermicelli so it'll have to be vermicelli.

Someone should invent dial a
Nan for these occasions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now