Help me jazz up my baby new potatoes

(11 Posts)
Crunchymum Thu 11-Aug-16 12:55:35

Had them for ages and not got round to using them but they won't last much longer!!!

Am going to 'mint' a portion to go with some lamb later.
Was going to do another portion crushed and thrown in a pan with olive oil, diced red pepper, red onion and a little balsamic.

Other than that I'm not sure?

Any ideas? I have a lot of potatoes.

TheWoollybacksWife Thu 11-Aug-16 13:06:36

Roasted whole in the oven tossed in a little bit of olive oil, sea salt and rosemary.

Tray bake style in a roasting tin with olive oil, red pepper, onion, chicken thighs, cherry tomatoes, garlic and thyme.

FarelyKnuts Thu 11-Aug-16 13:09:11

Warm baby potato salad
Boiled and sliced into an omelette
Plain with a ton of butter and salt

Crunchymum Thu 11-Aug-16 13:34:19

Farely your butter and salt suggestion means I don't have nearly as many potatoes left grin

J0kersSmile Thu 11-Aug-16 13:37:40

I love roasted new potatoes.

Also German potato salad is very nice, have a Google for a recipe as I'm not sure what my German grandma does to hers apart from the oil but its really lovely.

Millionprammiles Thu 11-Aug-16 13:46:56

We've been cooking them on the bbq in foil parcels with sliced red onion, mushrooms, garlic and rosemary.

ChickyDuck Thu 11-Aug-16 13:48:22

Boil, then when still hot toss with a dressing of oil, lemon, mustard, a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper and masses of chopped herbs. Leave to cool and eat at room temp or cold as a salad. So yummy!

Jbck Thu 11-Aug-16 13:51:47

And just for market research purposes, what are your SatNav co-ordinates?

Mummyoftwo91 Thu 11-Aug-16 14:20:55

Roasted with whole cloves of garlic Rosemary and olive oil are amazing, also some paprika,garlic powder and cayenne pepper is also a winner

FarelyKnuts Thu 11-Aug-16 15:41:32

Can't beat potatoes w/ butter and salt OP! grin

PurpleDaisies Thu 11-Aug-16 15:43:04

I'd put them in a beef massamum curry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now