Anyone planning a bbq this weekend? What's on the menu?

(6 Posts)
Cloudybutwarm Tue 12-Jul-16 13:16:23

I need some inspiration, mainly for sides and sweets!

WhizzPopper Tue 12-Jul-16 13:18:31

Marshmallows roasted over the coals squished between 2 chocolate digestives.

Bananas in their skins, slice slits in them and stuff with chocolate, wrap in foil and out in the coals.

I'm not having a bbq but if I were that's what I'd eat for pudding!

Lostmybrolly Tue 12-Jul-16 14:23:35

I've recently discover bbqing sweet potato wedges, they're fab, I par boil first before slicing and putting on the barbie.
Pud wise bbqed watermelon and pinapple are good.

TyneTeas Wed 13-Jul-16 23:03:11

salsa salad always goes down well at barbecues : )

tyne-teas.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/salsa-salad.html

snowman1 Wed 13-Jul-16 23:21:34

corn cooked in their husks with chili and lime butter, marinaded veg and tofu skewers in chinese 5 spice, oyster sauce, soy and drizzled with sesame oil, baked potatoes, halloumi skewers with peppers, again marinaded before hand with mint, oil, thyme, chili if you like it, grilled is always amazing, soak your skewers in water before so they don't burn (if they are wood). Ribs make a great starter but put them in a slow cooker. make a sauce of a good quality bbq sauce with some bourbon, liquid smoke, mexican/southern hot sauce, leaving a little of the marinade aside for dabbing it on the grill. Cook in the slow cooker for about 4 hours, then finish on the bbq. and padron or small peppers filled with cream cheese grilled on the bbq are amazing for and vegetarians.

lastqueenofscotland Thu 14-Jul-16 12:28:19

Hallumi always

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now