Family recipe book suggestions!

(7 Posts)
littlem133 Mon 11-Jul-16 09:40:40

I have 3 boys (9,6,1) and my DS and I both work full time and shifts! We're starting to find it all a bit difficult at the mo. One thing we really need to get sorted is meals. We end up giving the boys a mis matched tea that invariably they won't eat and DS and I either eat at 9pm or not at all. And to add to it all I'm a rather incompetent cook! What I need is a recipe book which is simple, cheap, and simple child friendly ingredients, with either quick meals or something I can prepare earlier. Then I could plan those meals a week in advance and do the weekly shop without any food waste. Help me MNetters! Any ideas?! X

Sprintingforthefinnish Mon 11-Jul-16 13:57:58

Have a look at the Mumsnet cookbook Bananas

Sprintingforthefinnish Mon 11-Jul-16 13:58:22

That should say Top Bananas!

Sammysquiz Mon 11-Jul-16 18:27:11

Leith's Simple Cookery is very good, it has hundreds of recipes in it. I'm a cookery-book addict and own loads of them, but this is the one I use the most.

Henbythesea Mon 11-Jul-16 18:28:22

Gimme the recipe is fantastic

littlem133 Tue 12-Jul-16 09:45:16

Thank you people. I shall look at those suggestions. Theres a recipe for everything on line but that doesn't help with inspiration!

BoogleMcGroogle Tue 12-Jul-16 18:39:36

I love Allegra McEvedy's Big Table, Busy Kitchen. I normally just read recipe books in bed and then wing the actual cooking, but this one is very usable and full of good dishes, from basic to posh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now