What cereal does everyone have?

(11 Posts)
Indecisivejo Sun 10-Jul-16 18:48:31

Need inspiration

CaitAgusMadra Sun 10-Jul-16 20:16:18

Breakfast cereal?

I eat a porridge mix with dried Apple, raisins & cranberries (Aldi). Occasionally mix it up with overnight oats / Bircher muesli

DH eats shredded wheat

DSs eat plain porridge, ready brek, weetabix or shredded wheat

Really hope this wasn't supposed to be about quinoa and other grains

KayJBee Sun 10-Jul-16 20:24:01

Me, DH and 3 kids under 10.

We always have in: porridge, weetabix, shredded wheat and shreddies.
Other things we might have one or two of at any one time: cheerios, cornflakes, rice crispies, blueberry wheats, fruit and fibre.

We switch between branded and own brands of all of the above depending on whats on offer.

Sorry, probably not very inspirational. I rarely eat breakfast but when I do it'll more likely be a bacon omelette if I have time to make it.

VulcanWoman Sun 10-Jul-16 20:28:16

I've just had some apricot wheats, Sainsbury's are the only ones that do them I think.

TheScottishPlay Sun 10-Jul-16 20:38:00

Me: Aldi muesli or granola, Special K, occasionally Ricicles.
DH: Cornflakes
DS: porridge, cornflakes, weetabix, shreddies, Special K (most flavours). His fave is Coco Pops though.

CaitAgusMadra Sun 10-Jul-16 20:59:19

Forgot, sometimes make granola using this recipe but with maple syrup instead of honey

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2014/jun/05/how-to-make-the-perfect-granola

maisybobbins Sun 10-Jul-16 23:35:47

Always in stock - crunchy nut cornflakes & porridge. There's trouble at mill if either of these ever run out.

Also currently in stock - Cheerios, chocolate Cheerios, crunchy weetie minis (?).

NoCapes Sun 10-Jul-16 23:42:35

In at the moment we have -
Granola
Oats
Weetabix
Corn flakes
Hoops (Aldi Cheerios)

Usually have crunchy nut corn flakes in too

Blondie1984 Mon 11-Jul-16 01:38:15

Shreddies
Oats for Porridge
Frosted Wheats for evening munchies
Allbran for something to sprinkle over yoghurt

LockedOutOfMN Mon 11-Jul-16 01:46:42

I don't like cereal.

Husband eats a spoonful of oats (uncooked...but they're very soft) mixed into a Greek yoghurt.

Children will eat porridge if we make it for them with oats and milk. Too warm at the moment! Usually they have fruit, toast or bread, milk for breakfast.

Cineraria Mon 11-Jul-16 01:47:58

DS has porridge or shredded wheat

I have shreddies to pick at throughout the day just as a dry snack

DH has some fancy gluten free buckwheat cereal that is apparently really filling compared to other cereals but takes him ages to eat. He also has gluten free chocolate stars, which look like cat food.

We also have cornflakes but they are just for making chocolate cornflake cakes. Mmm!

I don't have, Crunchy Nut Cornflakes or Cinnamon Grahams as I can go through a box in a couple of days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now