Any good mussels recipes please?

(6 Posts)
PeaceNotPieces Sat 02-Jul-16 13:51:20

I've bought some for tonight.

Don't know what to do with them.....

Any thoughts please?

elephantoverthehill Sat 02-Jul-16 13:54:28

google Delia. I always use her Moules Marienere recipe.

IHaveBrilloHair Sat 02-Jul-16 16:27:53

Yep, that's my fave too but also good with Thai green curry paste.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sat 02-Jul-16 16:31:59

cider is nice instead of white wine...

get pan hotter than hell, turn gas up a bit more, throw in mussels and clam lid on, give them a couple of minutes,, then add in some chopped shallots, ider, maybe garlic and a dod of wholegrain mustard, lid back on shake like crazy and when they are all open they are done!

I don't bother with serving dishes for mussels, just throw some chopped green over them...chives/parsley, plonk pan in centre of table and let everyone help themselves. and piles of lovely crusty bread for all the juices.

Lunaballoon Sat 02-Jul-16 17:20:01

Moules farcies. Crush 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, mix into room temperature butter, add chopped parley, seasoning and a little lemon juice. Refrigerate until needed. Cook mussels in a little water or white wine until opened. Discard any that don't open. Leave to cool, remove half shells leaving mussels in single shell. Arrange in a single layer on a baking tray, top each one with some of the garlic butter and bake until bubbling. Yum!

PreAdvent13610 Sat 02-Jul-16 18:38:31

Wash them in a big sink of water, chuck out dead (open) ones. Remove the beads, the funny bristly bit that sticks out the side by scraping with a very sharp knife.
They cook quickly and easily, do prep well, it takes time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now