FODMAP meals

(5 Posts)
MalbecAndLindt Fri 17-Jun-16 17:54:43

Diagnosed with IBS-C last year. Did the FODMAP diet at the beginning of the year and realised bread was my biggest trigger. Been generally okay since, but have had a recent flare-up so back on the FODMAP to see if it helps my symptoms again.

Looking for some meal ideas/recipes that are FODMAP friendly as I'm at a loss. Last time I just ate chicken or fish with salad for a few days until I figured out it was bread, been need some more inspiration this time around. Any suggestions?

Blondie1984 Fri 17-Jun-16 22:40:33

I had a friend round a few weeks ago who is on the FODMAP diet and I made these fish pies for us - and they were really nice

ameliafreer.com/cooknourishglow-individual-fish-pies

CaptainWarbeck Sat 18-Jun-16 10:21:02

Have a relative who follows fodmap so have done a few meals this way. One thing: garlic infused oil! You get the taste but not the compounds that irritate the bowel. Makes a huge difference with flavour for meals when you can't use garlic or onions.

Rice noodles are also good for stir fries... lots of rice-based dishes, sushi etc. If lactose is a trigger you can find lactose free milk, cheese and cream cheese pretty easily if you're in a city which are handy substitutes.

Trying to think what else we made... baked roasted veg frittata with salad was good, you can also make quiches with sliced potatoes as a crust which is quite nice.

It's hard isn't it! Hope you find something in there you fancy.

NCVanish Sat 18-Jun-16 10:23:28

You don't need to be in a city to buy lacto free milk etc. Every tesco/sainsburys stocks them, even tesco express has lacto free milk

CaptainWarbeck Sat 18-Jun-16 10:30:12

Easy then! I'm in Oz where it can be harder so didn't want to assume smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now