Will this salad keep?

(5 Posts)
HeckyWithTheGoodBear Mon 30-May-16 19:15:52

I want to make a big salad tonight with the following:

Cucumber, different coloured tomatoes, rocket and spinach, red onion, spring onion, roasted beetroot and cashews, stir fried beansprouts, grapes, nandos marinated grilled chicken and grilled goats cheese with a pesto dressing.

Will it keep ok with the pesto obviously separate? Just a bit worried about the cooked goats cheese, beansprouts and beetroot. Really want to make a big one that we can help ourselves to over a couple of days to encourage veg intake and cut down on jobs and washing up grin will have it in a big bowl double wrapped in cling film.

HeckyWithTheGoodBear Mon 30-May-16 19:51:40

Can anyone help? Shoppings due in 10 and I don't wanna make it for it to go skanky. sad

guineapig1 Mon 30-May-16 20:31:56

My concern would be that the beetroot and grapes would give everything a slightly soggy (and pink) tinge. The cashews and beansprouts would lose their crunch and the cheese might go rubbery... Can you decant separately into Tupperware containers and assemble separately for each meal. If the chopping etc is done the actual playing up shouldn't be too much of an issue. I think I'd try to grill the goats cheese separately each time too.

FusionChefGeoff Mon 30-May-16 20:41:27

I would also be a bit worried about the watery veg ie the toms and cucumber as they tend to go a bit skanky quite quickly once cut.

And dressing on leaves IME also hastens the sog factor. I think the pp idea about separate pots to assemble each day is your best bet.

DrownedGirl Mon 30-May-16 20:45:01

The best salads to keep for a few days are ones with red or white cabbage, onions etc - they are actually nicest after a few days marinating with lemon juice. Cut tomatoes are horrible later on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now