Sage or magimix food processor?

(7 Posts)
Maplessglobe Wed 20-Apr-16 16:12:55

Hi all
My food processor died and I need a new one. Seen good reviews of the sage by Heston blumenthal one but had a crap experience of that company's hand blender. Do I just go for the safe choice of a magimix? Both are pretty spendy.
Or something else?
Thanks

Blondie1984 Wed 20-Apr-16 16:38:46

Read this yesterday - you might find it interesting

[http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3546780/This-Queen-Mum-s-fridge-s-lasted-62-years-SIX-suspect-s-proof-today-s-gadgets-really-DESIGNED-wrong.html]

Cumberlover76 Wed 20-Apr-16 16:43:21

ooooh I just got a Magimix for the first time and I love it. I don't have any experience of the Sage, but Magimix are solid and have been going for years, plus their motors come with a 30 year guarantee. I got a 3200 (not the XL version) and it's perfect size, we are 2 adults and 1 child. It was a pretty good price on Go Electrical, £150, best price i found and service was great. I got it in black as the silver ones are more expensive?! and it looks lovely. I like that you can buy additional bits for it, i got the juicer attachment too but not used it yet.

GlitteryShoes Wed 20-Apr-16 16:44:56

I have had both and prefer the sage. It's sturdier and I find it easier to control the whizzing - the magi mix turned everything to pump too quickly. There is an offer with sage for a free multi cooker which is excellent and makes brilliant risotto.

Maplessglobe Wed 20-Apr-16 17:00:05

Ooh thanks... One vote each so far... I'm not sure if I'd use the multi cooker much! glittery why is there more control? I thought it was on/off/pulse as the magimix is?

GlitteryShoes Wed 20-Apr-16 19:22:53

I think it might be because of the blade. It has 4 small blades at different heights which I prefer the results from. It also has adjustable slicing which is great. I use that a lot.

Maplessglobe Wed 20-Apr-16 23:08:54

An yes I remember it had a double blade. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now