How I got my children to eat courgette [smile]

(8 Posts)
AmericanPastoral Mon 18-Apr-16 22:24:05

We made this frittata together yesterday. They ate it and LOVED it and they normally hate courgette. I didn't have feta so used cheddar, no ham, and it was delicious.

Disneyddog Mon 18-Apr-16 22:29:35

Mine will eat it when it's spiralised. Try won't touch it otherwise!

AmericanPastoral Tue 19-Apr-16 16:08:11

I haven't tried that - which spiralizer do you have? I recently bought this but must confes I haven't used it much - you have to use quite a lot of pressure and if the veg isn't in the right position it doesn't come out well. I'm wondering if I should invest in a proper spiralizer.

Chickpeachick0 Tue 19-Apr-16 16:13:03

Chocolate courgette cake !!

AmericanPastoral Tue 19-Apr-16 16:16:16

Sounds intriguing - do you have a recipe Chickpea?

Chocolateteabag Tue 19-Apr-16 19:22:14

I like that receipe OP - will try that with my two veg dodgers.

I grate courgette and hide it in with mince for bolognaise or cottage pie.
I also put it into Fritters with sweet corn and finely chopped onion - DS1 occasionally decides he doesn't like the sweetcorn and picks it out but he never notices the (peeled) courgette grin

dreamingofsun Tue 19-Apr-16 19:24:48

choc courgette cake - 250g plain flour, 375g caster sug, 65g cocoa powder, 2 teaspoons bicarb, 1 teas baking powder, 1 teasp ground cinammon, 4 eggs, 350 ml veg oil, 340g grated courgette. oven 180 oC, grease and flour baking tin.
flour, sugar, cocoa, bicarb, baking pwdr, cin - mix them all. add eggs and oil and mix, fold in courgettes. bake for 50/60 mins

we make it a lot in the summer. they will never be able to guess the magic ingredient

AmericanPastoral Wed 20-Apr-16 11:25:45

Fritters sounds good Chocolate. Thanks for the recipe dreaming.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now