What do you make with your food mixer apart from cakes and bread?

(5 Posts)
DaughterDrowningInJunk Mon 18-Apr-16 18:03:26

I am just trying to figure out if I need a mixer or not. I don't really make cakes. Used to have a breadmaker and if I was going to make bread regularly I would probably want to get one again. I make occasional pizza dough and mashed potato. What else could I use the mixer part for, disregarding any attachments such as blenders and food processors?

TobleroneBoo Mon 18-Apr-16 18:09:24

Probably not supposed to, but mash?

I don't have a food mixer

Chippednailvarnish Mon 18-Apr-16 18:14:21

I'm not stalking you promise you!

I use mine all the time but I love to bake...
You can get quite a lot for them secondhand.

strictlylurking Mon 18-Apr-16 18:17:16

I do use it mine to make mash, using the paddle I just put the boiled potatoes in there with the milk and butter and it does a great job. I also use it to "shred" meat, for example if I've slow cooked a pork shoulder to use for pulled pork, instead of pulling it or shedding it with two forks, I chuck it in the mixer (also with the paddle) and put it in low and after a few minutes, it's been "pulled" apart nicely.
Obvs, or can be used for whisking. It'll whisk cream or egg whites while you're doing other things, which is a plus over a hand mixer.

DaughterDrowningInJunk Thu 21-Apr-16 20:58:20

Thank you everbody. Still thinking about this. There are plenty of takers if I decide I don't want it. If I wasn't so fat I might make more cakes. I am trying to cut down on carbs so trying to avoid bread too. And yet, and yet. So not sure yet if I want to get rid. I wouldn't be able to get another one if I found I had made a mistake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now