What would you serve with this?

(6 Posts)
HarlettOScara Mon 18-Apr-16 12:32:22

I am making pulled pork for dinner. It's in the slow cooker as I type. It's asian inspired (soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, honey). I need inspiration for what to serve it with. Any suggestions?

Thanks smile

Chelsea26 Mon 18-Apr-16 12:38:43

Oh I always have this problem with pulled pork - love it but what do you serve with it?

I normally go for flavoured rice with veg in it (normally Mexican to match my pulled pork) and chipotle yoghurt dressing on top.

For Asian you could do rice too but also could serve it in lettuce leaves with radish and spring onions and jalapeños to sprinkle on top

Chelsea26 Mon 18-Apr-16 12:39:50

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/6593/spicy-mince-and-lettuce-cups

Like these

Chiliprepper Mon 18-Apr-16 12:40:38

Sounds delicious, maybe a cold noodle salad or asian style coleslaw salad?

1frenchfoodie Mon 18-Apr-16 12:55:49

Asian style slaw sounds good - coriander, lime and chilli in dressing. For carbs I'd not be too purist and probably would serve with baked potatoes. Mashed potatoes or cornbread (nice with jalepenos in) would be nice too. If there will be plenty of juices broccoli is nice to soak them up.

HarlettOScara Mon 18-Apr-16 12:59:33

I was thinking of baked potatoes and some green veg (broccoli and sugar snap peas).

But coriander and lime rice might be nice too. Or noodle salad...

Now I'm spoiled for choice! Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now